The CHARTWELL Environmental policy is to:
- Continually strive to improve our environmental performance through setting stretching environmental objectives and targets.
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Implement procedures to prevent pollution by the company’s activities, particularly through accidental emissions or effluent discharges.
- Monitor and reduce the impact of our activities on the local and general environment through the use of appropriate performance indicators.
- Use our procurement processes to ensure that we obtain products and services from sustainable and environmentally responsible sources including local suppliers where possible.
- Reduce the Company’s carbon emissions and the consumption of water and other resources.
- Ensure that waste generated by the Company’s is reduced, reused or recycled where possible and the remainder disposed of responsibly.
- Operate an environmentally responsible vehicle fleet to promote the use of more environmentally friendly modes of transport.